divider

Saturday 7 December 2013

Varnish

Tis the season to be jolly, so what better way to kick-start festive fashion than with pine green and burgundy! The unforgiving cold weather and seasonal decorations have marked the beginning of Christmas for me, and I cant help but give my outfits that little wintery touch.
 
 
Jacket - New Look
Top - Camden Market
Skirt - Internacionale
Shoes - Next
 
 
 
If you've visited my blog before, you'll know that I'm a sucker for anything tweed. In fact, I'm a sucker for anything that looks remotely agricultural and, well, 'farmerish'. That is the sad but true reality. This jacket it one of my favourites for winter, and I just couldn't resist adding a brown belt to emphasise the peplum cut. I made an attempt at using brown/oxblood accessories such as my lip shade and nails to make the look more festive - especially against this green corduroy skirt. Corduroy is seasonal and you know it.
 
 
 
 
As pretentious as it sounds, I'm not the biggest fan of repeating combinations. That's not to say that I would never repeat an outfit, but I would much rather experiment with new possibilities and use my imagination. However, this outfit is an exception. This Camden shirt will forever be my favourite item to wear with this skirt, as the colours are just so complementary. There's no shame in repeating outfits, and an easy way to create a different look with the same clothes is simply by trying different makeup and hairstyles! Since being at uni and having a limited wardrobe, I've come to the sudden realisation that a flick of nail polish and lipstick makes all the difference.
 
 
 
I hope you're all as excited about Christmas as I am! Have a w o n d e r f u l day!
 
                                                                xx

18 comments:

  1. These are such cute photos! I love your belt xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you! Admittedly, it really needs replacing haha x

      Delete
  2. Loving this outfit!
    Love the top and coat.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt. I think this is nice little twist on the plan ol' skirt and tights. Stay beautiful girl .
    - Dominique Jazell
    dominiquejazell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous <3 I adore the patterns and folds in the jacket! Beautiful vintage style!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty :)
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so pretty, great outfit I love the color combination
    She Has The Eye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the skirt, Happy New Year!! Love your blog, would you like to follow each other?
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/pastel-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing outfit, I love everything about it, especially the jacket, what a great shape, you look adorable!
    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete