divider

Friday 24 July 2015

Hello! Welcome to the 70s.

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you may already be aware that this summer I graced my wardrobe with a pair of flares. Exciting. This season has seen the recreation of an array of 70s trends - from tasselled suede to round-neck tees. The sartorial timeline has been disturbed, as items from the 70s have been dragged from history and dumped into Topshop - and not a single item has escaped the retro resurrection.

This, however, is not a complaint. My affection for all things vintage allows me to embrace the trend, and realise my affinity for flared jeans and striped tees. I have aspirations of becoming a retro-boho-groovy extraordinaire, or something of similar implications. I'm not there yet, but these jeans are my time machine.


Sunglasses - Next
Top - Primark
Bag - Vintage
Jeans - TkMaxx
Platforms - Primark





The flared jean has, admittedly, been overdone in the bloggersphere, but I'm certainly not ashamed to add my rendition to the archive. Interestingly, the internet is saturated with images of women rocking these 70s staples, yet seeing flares being worn 'in real life' is a rarity. Perhaps I just need to surround myself with a more groovy crowd.

The funny thing with trends is that they don't always infiltrate the high street. With the exception of Next and River Island, no stores had a flare in sight as I desperately hunted.Thankfully TkMaxx came to the rescue with this pair and my faith in the retro resurrection was thus restored. Unlike the elusive flares, platformed sandals are absolutely in abundance on the high street. Options were plentiful, but I found myself lusting over these Primark heels - much to my surprise.














What are your thoughts on denim flares and the 70s trend in general? Team skinny or team flare?

I hope you enjoyed this photo-heavy post, featuring the photography of my wonderful friend Catherine. She's a glorious portrait taker, and you can view her work here!

Thank you for reading. Have a wonderful day, groovy chicks.

29 comments:

  1. love the pant
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all the 70s trends in fashion right now!! I am wearing my flares today and am on the hunt for some platforms. Obsessed with this look.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet you're rocking it, Amy! Can't wait to see them! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that actually wears flares out and about! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. ❤❤❤❤🙌 it
    sonishspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute outfit! I really like the straps and the style of your jeans!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favourite outfits this season :)

      Delete
  5. You look simply stunning <3 <3 <3 I love the picture where you're peeking over the brick wall---too cute!
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Sylvia <3 Haha thanks! Mandatory sunglasses shot! xx

      Delete
  6. Your legs are soooooo long!! You're so lucky ! These sunglasses frame your face very nicely! Very cute outfit :)
    Have a nice day!
    www.urban-gal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! That's funny, as I'm only 5"2 hehe! Thanks for stopping by, lovely! x

      Delete
  7. Great 70's look. The jeans are my favorite. Would love for you to stop by my latest post! :)

    Alli
    www.absolutelyalli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look amazing in this 70's look, great flaired jeans
    happy week-end
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they were such a great find!

      Delete
  9. You are rocking those flare jeans!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination
    Btw check out my sweet Lightbox Giveaway if you haven’t already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the 70's look- you pull it off so well! The flare jeans make the outfit look so cool, would love to wear these with a pair of platform sandals and a crop top :)
    Feel free to check out our newest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/ootd-portobello-road.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovelies! Definitely go for it; you'll look and feel amazing! xx

      Delete
  11. You look lovely! xo

    http://www.eatlovemerry.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the flares! I love all things 70's at the moment too :)

    Hannah x
    Paloma in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paloma! It is definitely the trend of the season :D x

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you, Karolina - thanks for stopping by <3

      Delete
  14. Love these flare jeans! Honestly, I like the look of skinny jeans better, but I'm excited to get a pair of statement flares for my fall wardrobe!

    -Molly

    http://www.modcircus.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I'm sure you'll find a wonderful pair! Skinny jeans are the ultimate staple, but you're right; flares are such a great statement piece! Thanks for reading, Molly :)

      Delete