divider

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Hello there! Today I thought I'd post a little review of some Maybelline goodies that have been serving me well this summer. As a Maybelline enthusiast, I can never give up an opportunity to purchase more of their products, so when I saw that there was a 3for2 offer at Boots, I just had to browse.




Since last winter, my nails have never seen the light of day. My poor little claws have been violated with layers upon layers of polish, top coats, glitter - you name it. I love nail varnish. It is only recently that I've gone from sporting coloured nails exclusively for occasions, to hailing varnish as an important and necessary accessory. Thus, it will be no surprise to you that my varnish collection has grown. Fast.

In an attempt to steer away from my usual pastel shades, I picked up this beautiful vibrant turquoise. The colour is bright, long-lasting and perfect for summer! It works exceedingly well providing some 'oomph' to a monochrome outfit - paired with a red lip, of course!


The Maybelline Fit Me foundation is my ultimate choice for summer, so I had no hesitations in purchasing their concealer. This shade is a lighter than my skin, and works as a fantastic highlighter! Just a few dabs of this under the eyes and on the forehead instantly gives my face a refreshing glow! Definitely this summer's secret weapon.


Finally, I picked up this lip liner! This is a purchase that I am so very glad I made! This may seem like a cop-out of buying a matte lipstick, but I actually bought this to wear on its own. That's right. I moisturise my lips before colouring them with this pencil, and the outcome is great. The beautiful berry red is wonderful, and has that tiny amount of shimmer necessary to act as a summer shade. Also, as it is a pencil, the colour really does last all day, which is definitely ideal! Sneaky, really.

I'm definitely happy with these products - especially for summer! Have you tried any of these? Which are your fave Maybelline products? Let me know :)

Have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. Love these! The lip liner is so vibrant, totally something I could try! Would love to see you with it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I have an Instagram of it on, if you'd like to see. It's a great matte alternative!

      Delete
  2. I am also addicted to Maybelline. Their Color Whispers are my favorite thing ever. I swear. I don't have the whole line because college, but I swear I would. I've always though lip liners would make for a great matte option.

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they are so good! Definitely glad I tried it x

      Delete
  3. The maybelline's concealer looks so much like Nars concealer line! Might have to try it out because it would be a favor to my wallet haha x

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete