divider

Sunday 17 May 2015

It's that awkward time of year.

That awkward transition between spring and summer. Brits will know what I mean: too bright for winter clothing, but too cold to go coat-less. This strange seasonal transition haunts me every year, as the struggle for summery-yet-practical attire is rarely overcome. The daily attempt to make winter items summer appropriate usually results in pastel mashups. Pastel saved me. Thank goodness for marshmallow coats.


Hat - Next
Bag - Dorothy Perkins
Coat - Debenhams
Dress - Topshop
Oxfords - Matalan








I've been holding on to the pastel trend with both hands. It gets me through those chilly spring days. There really is something very warm and comforting about stepping out in such a delicate palette. When it's not blowing away, my Indiana Jones hat adds that little bit of edge to an otherwise painfully girly getup. You can call me Indy.



Although I complain, spring is a gloriously uplifting season, and what better way to celebrate it than getting out, enjoying the vibrancy and wrapping up in some matchy-matchy marshmallow.

Have a beautiful day!

8 comments:

  1. The transition between Spring and Summer is a hard one, but I think pastel coats are the way to go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Definitely - they have the perfect mix of practicality and summer style x

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit-so classy! Credit to your photographer they've caught lovely snaps of you!x
    http://lavenderskey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hemali! Awh, I will tell him (it's my boyfriend!) x

      Delete