divider

Thursday 24 July 2014

Hello! Last weekend it was my birthday (cue party poppers and the birthday song) and I was fortunate enough to have lots of lovely birthday plans. One of them included a day of what I like to call 'gallery hopping'. My family and I visited some of London's finest art attractions, including both the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery. I'm the type of person that gets wholly consumed by a work of art, so an afternoon spent admiring the likes of Opie and Turner was an afternoon well spent.

The remainder of the day was spent soaking in the atmosphere of my favourite London spots; of course involving indulgence in retail therapy and the excessive consumption of Chinese food.


Blazer - Zara
Dress - House of Fraser
Belt - H&M
Bag - Select
Boots - Office




There is one item in my wardrobe that is guaranteed to make me feel fabulous, so of course I whipped it out on my birthday. This Zara blazer. Delicate silk. Intricate pattern. Oriental colours. Drool. I actually bought it as a cover-up for my school leavers summer ball last year, and have seldom worn it since. I have a fear of ruining it, but that couldn't stop me on my birthday!








My dress was actually a fairly recent purchase on impulse after falling in love with the dusty colour and elegant cut. So maybe I was a little overdressed for a day of sketching portraits and drinking bubble tea, but that's ok with me.



Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day.

Bloglovin / Insta / Twitter / Lookbook

18 comments:

  1. Gosh I love your hair ^_^ Happy Birthday dear! This dress is spectacular, looking like a Greek goddess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - your comments always make my day!
      x

      Delete
  2. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Love the whole look. Your hair is amazing!

    Keli | kelskurls.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a great birthday. I always say that it's better to be overdressed than under-dressed. You make a better impression that way. And I would wear that blazer until it was falling apart! I don't think ever tears in it could make it look lass amazing and cool. I am completely jealous of your find!

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely! Ah, thank you! I definitely need to wear it more often! x

      Delete
  5. Happy late birthday! You look gorgeous in this dress. I love it.

    www.dominiquejazell.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. seu vestido é maravilhoso! estou apaixonado pela cor dele :)

    http://psicotendencia.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I' obsessed with pastels this season!

      Delete
  7. Rad blazer, stunning dress <3 You look like a goddess!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! I did feel rather fab in this floaty dress! haha x

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday chick, sounds like a fab day. Love that outfit too, the blazer is gorgeous
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a lovely birthday,your dress is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete