divider

Thursday 17 October 2013

Print It!

Here's an OOTD for you this Thursday! Inevitably, with Uni comes a vibrant nightlife, but often I'm far too lazy to change my daytime outfit. Thus, I adapt my daytime clothes by adding heels and a bright lip! This autumn, I've been experimenting by transitioning summer clothes to my winter wardrobe, whilst attempting to incorporate current trends such as autumnal prints and cropped tops.
 
 
Top - Republic
Jeans - Matalan
Heels - New Look
 
This outfit is particularly simple, despite appearing rather vibrant and busy. I paired my trusty floral jeans with some coral heels, which I complimented through the addition of a coral lip. I am in love with the mesh sleeves of this top, and the white brightens up the whole look - avoiding too formal an outfit (come on, I'm a fresher)! I've been inspired by so many Fashion Week collections which incorporate typical summer prints to create that perfect, seamless seasonal transition.
 
 
My love for Henry Holland's designs seems infinite, and I must say, I fangirled so much upon seeing these cool candy-coloured prints paired with red lips and the ethereal strappy heel. I adopted the cropped top and bold print within my own outfit - despite the fact that this is evidently a Spring/Summer trend. It doesn't hurt to be a little early, huh!
 
 
These three items are definitely going to be added to my Winter wishlist - particularly those beautiful velvet heels! The colour pallet mirrors that of House of Holland's S/S collection, though use of a thick knit and velvet instantly make these items more winter-appropriate as well as great transitional pieces if, like me, you're just not ready to part with your summer prints!
 
Have a lovely day!
 
                                                                        xx
 

9 comments:

  1. Love those trousers on you, and the jumper you picked out is so perfect xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love that jumper hehe x

      Delete
  2. those pants and shoes are amazing together, love the colors
    Deejay Speaks

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic in those pants <3 I wish I could be comfortable wearing such bright colors. For now, I just have to live vicariously through people like you who can totally rock them. Hehe.

    Oh and I sent you an email about your blog feature! Let me know if there's anything you need from me!

    Take it easy! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posted your spotlight today on my blog and Facebook! Cheers!

      http://www.melodicthriftychic.com/2/post/2013/11/blogger-spotlight-4-colour-me-in.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much - I appreciate it! x

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely look on you and quite different too. I adore the pants and heels. Great combo.

    Stay Stylish, TL. Xx
    Blog: Twynkle Loves
    Instagram
    Youtube
    Check out my new style Giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete