I've actually been nominated for the Liebster award by three people - thank you so much Diana, Danielle and Sophie!!! (Guys, go and check out their amazing blogs..)
What's the Leibster award?
It is an award nominated to bloggers with less than 200 followers to help promote them - a MUCH appreciated award for newbies like me! The Leibster doesn't just come with a pat on the back, though; it also comes with a set of rules:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator
- Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
- Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- I have a cat called Princess. She's such a diva.
- My dream job is in the realm of fashion journalism. Or fashion photography. Or styling.. I just like fashion, kay!
- If it involves being creative, I'm into it
- I grew up reading Marvel comics and watching the old Batman movies. Consequently, I LOVE anything actiony/superheroish - ESPECIALLY TRANSFORMERS.
- I grew up in London. I love London. I really love London.
- I'm one of those passionate people
- My favourite song is Lights Out, Words Gone by Bombay Bicycle Club
- I have a biscuit problem. Bourbon, Ginger Nut, Chocolate Chip, anything. If it's in my sight, I'll eat it
- I love The Picture of Dorian Gray (the BOOK)
- I really really like vintage cars, motorbikes and scooters
- I used to be infatuated by Corbin Bleu. Forgive me.
Questions from another-Diana:
- What's the one thing you want to do before you die? Explore each continent
- Why did you decide to get into blogging? Instagram doesn't have enough characters
- What are your wardrobe staples? Do I have to answer this? I... Umm... Ok, coloured/patterned tights, interesting prints and a collars
- If you could go anywhere with anyone, who would you go with and where would you go? Doc Brown and I would go back to the future
- What is your favorite quote? "The Artist is the creator of beautiful things" - Wilde
- If you were only allowed to shop at one shop for the rest of your life, what shop would it be? H&M!
- Who is your ultimate style icon. Solange Knowles. Oh, or Nicola Roberts. Oh, or Emma Stone
- What trends are you most excited to rock this year? Everything fitted at the waist! And of course, the chic short-suit combo
- Any guilty pleasures? I watch repeats of Sonny with A Chance ... I'm really not feeling as guilty as I should..
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Dream job at Company Magazine? Please?
- What are some of your favourite band/recording artist? Foals, Fenech Soler, Bombay Bicycle Club, Everything Everything, Maverick Sabre
Questions from sylviahay:
- Where is the best holiday you've been on? Zimbabwe - seeing the wildlife first-hand is amazing - we even got charged at by a bull elephant! Scary..
- Describe your favourite pair of shoes? They are the cutest yellow dolly shoes that I got from Office a while back. Unfortunately, I loved them a little too enthusiastically and now they are all scuffed
- Do you love your job or university course? If not what would you rather be doing? I'm in the second year of A-levels, studying Literature, History and English Language:) Yes, I love some of the content, but I certainly don't love he workload!
- If there was one thing you could change about your life what would it be? I'd like to be able to telepathically communicate with my cat
- Describe your best and worst item of clothing? I cant choose between my clothes, sorry
- Whats your most embarrassing moment you've ever had? I expressed my opinion on a handmade costume ... rather flamboyantly. When I asked who had made it, my friend turned round and said "me" ... oh dear.
- Whats the best blog you've done and put the link to it here? I don't think I've posted enough for this, but here is my instagram!!!
- If there was one designer you could get unlimited free stuff off who would it be? Jason Wu!
- Who is your favourite blogger, and put a link here? I do love thehidingfox !
- A really childish one, what was your favourite subject at school? Drama and English:)
- What is your all time favourite film? Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Questions from sophie-lm:
- If you could be any famous or well renowned person in the fashion industry, who would you be? Florence Welch or Alexa Chung - absolute fashion freedom!
- Five years ago, where did you think you'd be now... are you there now? I don't think I even knew what sixth form was five years ago!
- What has been your least favourite trend this past year? The Varsity Jacket. It seemed that every person between the age of 5 and 25 owned the same one.. sorry
- What is an item of clothing/style of clothing you hate seeing other people wear? I'm not a fan of thin cotton leggings as trousers, but if that's what you feel comfortable in, then great
- What has been your worst fashion faux pas ever? In the noughties, I thought it was really cool to wear sports-gear. I'm talking floral cycling pants and sweatbands..
- If you could have any job in the world what would it be? Anything fashion related - maybe working for Company Mag?
- What is your favourite Fashion/Lifestyle magazine and why? Company - it's not just limited to runway and haute fashion; it also features great highstreet pieces and streetstyle looks. Oh, and who DOESN'T love Jameela Jamil's column?
- Why did you start blogging? As I said, it seemed like the next step from instagram
- Given the chance to go back to any era for the fashion, which era would youoose and why? 80's. That is all.
- Would you rather have a Mulberry handbag or a pair of Louboutins? I'm going to have to go with some black Louboutins!
- You can only wear one outfit for the rest of your life. Describe what it'd be? (No cheating by saying you'd wear loads and loads of layers so you can keep changing things up!!) It would have to be fairly simple and plain so it never goes out of fashion... urmmm... a little black dress and some black oxfords!
- Trousers or skirts and why?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- What is the most prominent colour in your wardrobe?
- If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and what would you say?
- Do you bulk buy or go on small, regular trips?
- Favourite Disney song?
- When do you think you started developing your own personal style?
- What is the worst movie you've ever seen?
- Your top three style crushes?
- Do you have a favourite outfit? If so, describe it:)
- Where do you shop most often?
PHEW!!! Now for a super-quick outfit post!!!
DIY ombré shorts, H&M jumper and a Topshop collar: